1 session (10,000 JPY)
5 sessions (40,000 JPY)
Feedback is Key
The way we learn and improve our skills is through practice and feedback. When it comes to photography, getting constructive feedback can be very difficult. This is where we come in! We will provide you with a comprehensive 1-hour feedback and coaching session. You can provide us with up to 10 photos from your portfolio and we will review and critique your shots in a live online coaching session over Skype or Google Hangouts.
You will get feedback on your composition, subject timing, narrative, and even editing. We will work with you to help clarify your vision and build photographic skills to achieve your goals. We will also coach you remotely on camera techniques and settings to achieve specific shots.
You are also free to ask any questions about photography, cameras, and editing software and we will be happy to help with our knowledge and expertise. We focus on street photography, urban landscape, and architecture photography, so we recommend sticking to those genres to get the most out of your coaching session.
What can I learn?
We provide coaching on a whole host of photographic topics: basic camera settings, composition feedback, technical advice, and editing tips and tricks, and more!
A Foundation in Coaching and Deliberate Practice
At EYExplore, we are all coaches at our core. We believe in systematic and deliberate practice with the aim of improving skills and deep learning of photographic concepts, all while having fun of course! We have developed methods and systems for learning specifically tailored for photography. You can find out more about our approach to street photography training on our blog.
Composition Tips Beyond the Basics
It can be very hard to make sense of composition in photography. And on top of that, there is a vast ocean of information out there, some of it useful, and some of it misleading. We can take you well beyond basic and limiting concepts, such as the rule of thirds, and expand your understanding of framing and composition in photography. We have covered photographic composition on our blog, and we will bring that knowledge and expertise to our online coaching session!
Build a General Understanding of Photographic Concepts
There is a wealth of information online about photography, but it can be difficult at times to parse all of this info and gain a good intuitive understanding of certain ideas such as exposure, depth of field, focusing modes, metering modes, and so on. This is where a live coach can be a huge help! See the video below for an idea of how we can teach abstract photographic techniques during a live online lesson.
Best Camera Settings for Street Photography
In the video below you can see a good example of the kind of instruction and coaching we can provide remotely. We know all camera systems very well and can help you figure out the optimal settings for the kind of photography you’d like to do.
How it Works
- Step 1 At the top of this page, select the time number of lesson you would like to sign up for.
- Step 2 Complete the checkout process.
- Step 3 You will get an automated email confirming your booking followed by an email directly from your instructor, who will confirm a time slot with you.
- Step 4 Your instructor will also ask you to send a gallery of 10 photos that you would like to review and critique. They can be photos that are intended to work as a set, or they can be individual photos you wish to review.
- Step 5 Your instructor will connect with you on Skype or Google Hangouts in preparation of your coaching session
- Step 6 On the scheduled date and time your instructor will call you and your coaching session will begin!
Things to Prepare & Keep in Mind
- Please prepare 10 photos you wish to have critiqued
- You will need a laptop/tablet with a microphone (a webcam is not needed)
- Your instructor will share his/her screen in order to give clear and concrete feedback on your photos
- We highly recommend to prepare a list of questions for your instructor (it’s also useful to send these in advance so we can better prepare detailed answers)