In this video tutorial, Lukasz covers a basic, but often overlooked, method for manual focusing on a DSLR with live view. This technique works especially well on a tripod (though it can be used hand-held as well) especially when shooting static scenes such as urban landscapes like the one shown in the video. As always, please feel free to ask us questions in the comments!
Want to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Read some more
- Three Tips for Organizing Your Photos
- Kyoto’s Finest: Cherry Blossom Season
- The Best Autofocus Mode for Street Photography
- Support EYExplore on Patreon!
- The Best Metering Mode for Street Photography
- Love Your Camera – The ‘Best’ Camera for Street Photography
- We Have a Super Discount for You!
- Online Personal Photography Training
- Street Photography & Zone Focus
- Work the Scene – Architecture Photography at the Nakagin Capsule Tower