In this video tutorial, Lukasz covers a basic, but often overlooked, method for manual focusing on a DSLR with live view. This technique works especially well on a tripod (though it can be used hand-held as well) especially when shooting static scenes such as urban landscapes like the one shown in the video. As always, please feel free to ask us questions in the comments!
Want to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Read some more
- Japan Photo Tour — Fall 2022
- Street Photography in Tokyo’s Old Town
- Get a Slice of Japan with Peko Peko Box
- Street Photography in Tokyo — Ikebukuro East Side in the Rain
- City Photo Tips — Getting Over the Fear of Angles
- A Geisha Photo Shoot in Kyoto
- 15 of Tokyo’s Favorite Instagram Spots Revealed
- Japan Photo Tips – Hie Shrine and a Tunnel of Torii Gates
- Street Photography Ideas – Silhouettes and Leading Lines
- Top 5 Places for Photography in Tokyo