In this video tutorial, Lukasz covers a basic, but often overlooked, method for manual focusing on a DSLR with live view. This technique works especially well on a tripod (though it can be used hand-held as well) especially when shooting static scenes such as urban landscapes like the one shown in the video. As always, please feel free to ask us questions in the comments!
Want to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Read some more
- EYExplore Shared Photo Tours are Back!
- Yokohama After Dark — A New Photo Adventure!
- Summer Sale — 6,000 Yen Discount!
- A New Tokyo Photo Adventure: Tokyo Soul
- Japan Photo Tour May 2023 — Last Call!
- Japan Photography Workshop May 2023
- Japan Photography Tour is a Go!
- Japan Photo Tour — Fall 2022 (for real this time)
- Street Photography in Tokyo’s Old Town
- Get a Slice of Japan with Peko Peko Box