Learn how to use your flash in the streets for the best results. We explain the difference between auto flash (TTL) and the slow-sync setting, with examples demonstrating how these settings affect the photos. Lukasz also talks about how he uses his flash on Halloween in the streets of Shibuya in a way that brings out the ambient colors of the scene while still illuminating the subjects. Check out our flash street photography tutorial!
Want to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Read some more
- Omakase Street Photo Adventure
- EYExplore Shared Photo Tours are Back!
- Yokohama After Dark — A New Photo Adventure!
- Summer Sale — 6,000 Yen Discount!
- A New Tokyo Photo Adventure: Tokyo Soul
- Japan Photo Tour May 2023 — Last Call!
- Japan Photography Workshop May 2023
- Japan Photography Tour is a Go!
- Japan Photo Tour — Fall 2022 (for real this time)
- Street Photography in Tokyo’s Old Town