Learn how to use your flash in the streets for the best results. We explain the difference between auto flash (TTL) and the slow-sync setting, with examples demonstrating how these settings affect the photos. Lukasz also talks about how he uses his flash on Halloween in the streets of Shibuya in a way that brings out the ambient colors of the scene while still illuminating the subjects. Check out our flash street photography tutorial!
Want to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Read some more
- Photo Critique Session – Composition Tips
- A Photographer’s Guide to Transit at Narita
- Three Tips for Organizing Your Photos
- Kyoto’s Finest: Cherry Blossom Season
- The Best Autofocus Mode for Street Photography
- Support EYExplore on Patreon!
- The Best Metering Mode for Street Photography
- Love Your Camera – The ‘Best’ Camera for Street Photography
- We Have a Super Discount for You!
- Online Personal Photography Training