Learn how to use your flash in the streets for the best results. We explain the difference between auto flash (TTL) and the slow-sync setting, with examples demonstrating how these settings affect the photos. Lukasz also talks about how he uses his flash on Halloween in the streets of Shibuya in a way that brings out the ambient colors of the scene while still illuminating the subjects. Check out our flash street photography tutorial!
Want to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Read some more
- Get a Slice of Japan with Peko Peko Box
- Street Photography in Tokyo — Ikebukuro East Side in the Rain
- Japan Photo Tour — Autumn Session is Still a Go
- City Photo Tips — Getting Over the Fear of Angles
- A Geisha Photo Shoot in Kyoto
- 15 of Tokyo’s Favorite Instagram Spots Revealed
- Japan Photo Tips – Hie Shrine and a Tunnel of Torii Gates
- Street Photography Ideas – Silhouettes and Leading Lines
- Top 5 Places for Photography in Tokyo
- Working the Scene in Tokyo International Forum