I took this photo during a Tokyo Metropolis photo adventure. I was walking from the Tokyo International Forum to Tokyo station. The sun had already set and we were passing in front of the electronic department store: BIC Camera. Since they were releasing a new iPhone there were huge colorful billboards on the walls. LED lights were as bright as daylight. I stood there for a while absorbed in the vibrant colors hitting my retina. As I wanted to record the lights and colors I looked for a better composition including something interesting in the foreground. After several tries I settled on capturing the reflection of the neon signs in the car in front of me. Cherry on top: I waited for someone to pass by to take the shot. Timing was important because I wanted to freeze the person in mid-stride position. Click: et voila!
Want to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Read some more
- EYExplore Shared Photo Tours are Back!
- Yokohama After Dark — A New Photo Adventure!
- Summer Sale — 6,000 Yen Discount!
- A New Tokyo Photo Adventure: Tokyo Soul
- Japan Photo Tour May 2023 — Last Call!
- Japan Photography Workshop May 2023
- Japan Photography Tour is a Go!
- Japan Photo Tour — Fall 2022 (for real this time)
- Street Photography in Tokyo’s Old Town
- Get a Slice of Japan with Peko Peko Box