I took this photo during a Tokyo Metropolis photo adventure. I was walking from the Tokyo International Forum to Tokyo station. The sun had already set and we were passing in front of the electronic department store: BIC Camera. Since they were releasing a new iPhone there were huge colorful billboards on the walls. LED lights were as bright as daylight. I stood there for a while absorbed in the vibrant colors hitting my retina. As I wanted to record the lights and colors I looked for a better composition including something interesting in the foreground. After several tries I settled on capturing the reflection of the neon signs in the car in front of me. Cherry on top: I waited for someone to pass by to take the shot. Timing was important because I wanted to freeze the person in mid-stride position. Click: et voila!
Want to to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Be Our Friend
- Video — Finding Fresh Shots in the Forum — Go Beyond the Obvious Shots
- Video — Hidden in Plain Sight — Isolating Architecture in Ginza
- Fushimi Inari Shrine: how to avoid crowds and take great photos
- Metro Motion — Capturing Motion in the Tokyo Metro
- E.T. phone Grandma
- Pink Consumerism — Repetition and Colors
- Tokyo in the Rain — Take photos in all weather conditions
- Geisha in the sun
- A kitchen chef on the roofs of Tokyo
- Harajuku street photography Old vs Young