I took this photo during a Tokyo Metropolis photo adventure. I was walking from the Tokyo International Forum to Tokyo station. The sun had already set and we were passing in front of the electronic department store: BIC Camera. Since they were releasing a new iPhone there were huge colorful billboards on the walls. LED lights were as bright as daylight. I stood there for a while absorbed in the vibrant colors hitting my retina. As I wanted to record the lights and colors I looked for a better composition including something interesting in the foreground. After several tries I settled on capturing the reflection of the neon signs in the car in front of me. Cherry on top: I waited for someone to pass by to take the shot. Timing was important because I wanted to freeze the person in mid-stride position. Click: et voila!
Want to to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Read some more
- Beyond Mere Composition
- My Favorite Cherry Blossom Spots in Tokyo
- A Complete Guide to Used Camera Stores in Ginza, Tokyo
- EYExplore is in London: New London Photo Tour!
- 4 New Photo Workshops in Tokyo
- Photo Prints of Geisha Taka in Kyoto
- How I Make My Child’s Photos Fun And Memorable
- Retro Tokyo – Film Photography Workshop – Free on Nov 11
- Tokyo Halloween Street Photography Workshop
- Photo Editing Episode 2: Long Exposure Compositing