I took this photo during a Tokyo Metropolis photo adventure. I was walking from the Tokyo International Forum to Tokyo station. The sun had already set and we were passing in front of the electronic department store: BIC Camera. Since they were releasing a new iPhone there were huge colorful billboards on the walls. LED lights were as bright as daylight. I stood there for a while absorbed in the vibrant colors hitting my retina. As I wanted to record the lights and colors I looked for a better composition including something interesting in the foreground. After several tries I settled on capturing the reflection of the neon signs in the car in front of me. Cherry on top: I waited for someone to pass by to take the shot. Timing was important because I wanted to freeze the person in mid-stride position. Click: et voila!
Want to to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Be Our Friend
Read some more
- Time-lapse Photography from the Rooftops of Tokyo
- EYExplore News: New Photo Workshops, Expanded Schedule, and a New Team Member!
- A 360° Photo Adventure Above the Streets of Tokyo
- Siegfried Hansen Interview — Upcoming Street Photography Workshop
- Learn from the Masters: Siegfried Hansen
- Photo Editing Episode 1 – Basics & Street Photography
- NEW photo adventure — Realms of Elegance with Junko Sophie Okimoto
- EYExplore YouTube Channel — Phase 1 Complete
- Siegfried Hansen Tokyo Street Photography Workshop
- Finding Fresh Shots in the Forum — Go Beyond the Obvious Shots