Today’s photo by Axel Deroubaix. I took this snap during a Streets of Tokyo photo adventure near Harajuku Station. I tend to be a funny guy (at least that’s what I think I am) so my photography is tinted with silly moments gathered along my strolls. This time I saw this elder Japanese man boxed inside his storefront with improbable precision. The shop must have been as old as he was―an anachronism among Harajuku crowd. Next to him stood two tall tourists unaware of the surreal situation. I felt the moment was too amusing to be lost in time. The shop has since been replaced by a bright and colorful overly sweet crepe shop…
Want to to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Be Our Friend
Read some more
- Time-lapse Photography from the Rooftops of Tokyo
- EYExplore News: New Photo Workshops, Expanded Schedule, and a New Team Member!
- A 360° Photo Adventure Above the Streets of Tokyo
- Siegfried Hansen Interview — Upcoming Street Photography Workshop
- Learn from the Masters: Siegfried Hansen
- Photo Editing Episode 1 – Basics & Street Photography
- NEW photo adventure — Realms of Elegance with Junko Sophie Okimoto
- EYExplore YouTube Channel — Phase 1 Complete
- Siegfried Hansen Tokyo Street Photography Workshop
- Finding Fresh Shots in the Forum — Go Beyond the Obvious Shots