Today’s photo by Axel Deroubaix. I took this snap during a Streets of Tokyo photo adventure near Harajuku Station. I tend to be a funny guy (at least that’s what I think I am) so my photography is tinted with silly moments gathered along my strolls. This time I saw this elder Japanese man boxed inside his storefront with improbable precision. The shop must have been as old as he was―an anachronism among Harajuku crowd. Next to him stood two tall tourists unaware of the surreal situation. I felt the moment was too amusing to be lost in time. The shop has since been replaced by a bright and colorful overly sweet crepe shop…
Want to get the latest photo tips and stories in your mailbox?
Read some more
- Omakase Street Photo Adventure
- EYExplore Shared Photo Tours are Back!
- Yokohama After Dark — A New Photo Adventure!
- Summer Sale — 6,000 Yen Discount!
- A New Tokyo Photo Adventure: Tokyo Soul
- Japan Photo Tour May 2023 — Last Call!
- Japan Photography Workshop May 2023
- Japan Photography Tour is a Go!
- Japan Photo Tour — Fall 2022 (for real this time)
- Street Photography in Tokyo’s Old Town